Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines

Valentine: mine to Em.

I don't, honestly, know how I feel about Valentine's day.

In the past it has made me feel powerful, lonely, guilty and sad.

But Em & I got into a horrible habit of not celebrating each other in our first years. That couldn't continue.

I am blessed and I need reminders to remind her that I know that (because being human, I forget).

So I used this day as one of those.

And, maybe, so did she.

Pictured above is the valentine I made for her from Cori Kindred's excellent tutorial for poppytalk. You can also buy one of the little books as made by Cori (they are just beautiful).

Pictured below is the valentine she made for me. Such an amazing thing to come home to.

Valentine: Em's to me.

3 comments:

t a n y a said...

handmade is the way to go. your gifts to each other are wonderful!

hayden said...

Hi tanya - thanks for your comment!

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

happy belated valentines! handmade for sure, cheaper and means more. x hivennn