Sunday, February 13, 2011

Back to myself

A corner

February has not been an easy month so far.

My brain was not my own for a couple of weeks while major (and novel) assignments took more energy than I knew I possessed.

The house got slowly messier and messier. There was no peace at home, no peace at school, no peace I could find at all.

But this week, the assignments were finally done. I had a beer or two, I relaxed.

I looked around the house, thinking "this will not do". Last night bedtime came and went while Em and I cleaned just a little bit of the house.

It feels so much better now.

That picture up there? That's Em & me: hers is the Tyrannosaurus, mine is the needles. That little vignette brought me such peace last night, still brings it today.

I'm taking deep breaths before diving back in, hoping to remember that we can make things beautiful, that it's not as hard as it seems to find a bit of calm.

No comments: