Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer!

Walking home the block-and-a-half from the bus at 6 this evening (picking up parcels), I was thinking two things: I'm heartbroken, and I'm in love.
Heartbreak is no surprise at the moment, my world seems to be swinging around to face something new, that is, turning its back on something old, something I rather loved, and I'm feeling it.
But am I in love? It made me stop for a minute, literally turning in a circle on the sidewalk. I'm in love? Because, oh god, do I mean Edmonton? (There's no person this feeling belongs with).
The sky was glowing at me again, and it was the first day of summer (I didn't know it at the time).
The boxes contained wonders: a stack of my cds, and some cookbooks, sent from home. Old friends, basically. Sam Roberts is singing in my house right now.
And the cookbooks? One, appropriately enough, was my stained, creased, and smudged copy of Forever Summer. Love.

No comments: