Friday, June 30, 2006

Happy Day!


Hot Air Balloon
Originally uploaded by Bob onherown.
At home, in my city (I'm practicing saying I'm from Montreal - I hope I'm allowed?), it is already Canada Day as I write this. I usually don't do much to celebrate (it's a day that's mostly known as Moving Day to that city I love).
But July 1, a birthday of sorts, seems a good day to start things. Which just happens to be my plan.
1. The clothing pledge. I read, and now I forget where, about the clothing pledge: No new, manufactured articles of clothing for 4 months. I like the "new, manufactured" bit best as it leaves the fabric store's ever-loving arms open for when I need a cotton hug. I'm also going to let myself have 1 day a month - which doesn't have to be pre-planned, but is gone once it's gone - to maybe buy some new stuff. Oh, and must I mention that July is one of those days?
2. Let's just say that I'll be doing something that I don't strictly approve of for two weeks. A "challenge" of sorts. Don't plan to discuss it extensively here.
3. Green (red) worms! My new year's resolution this year involved a nix on the purchase of animal-tested products. I'm still doing okay on that one (although I have to say, I don't mean ANIMAL products - wool, milk, eggs are all part of my life), I have compact fluorescent or halogen in all the lamps (are those the same thing?). But I need to keep moving forward on it. Vermicompost is something that I need to explore more fully. Yes, that's living with worms. I think I'm okay with that. But where do I get them? And their home?
And a quick crafty update: I got a parcel from home (again) with sewing things and marble magnet things. And sat and cut and glued, and loved it again. The sewing continues to hold (need iron - have paycheck!), but will be on the move shortly? Please?

1 comment:

Jared Nordick said...

I have to say, I enjoyed your comment on my blog. well written and some good points were made.

I have to say, though, that i am a bit curious where the name 'Bob' comes from.

By the way, you should see your old house.... crews have been tearing it apart for the last couple weeks and cutting down all the trees. I could take some pics if you care yo see.